Tuesday, January 20, 2009
So the other day I had lunch with two people I usually never hang out with - 2 very NORMAL people. What a breath of fresh air! I'd almost forgotten what that was like! At the start of my lunch, I was asked the same question that I get asked by every other person on my floor every other day,
"So what's it like working with Nip/Tuck?"
Boy that's a loaded question if I ever heard one. Everyone seems to have this curiosity about how anyone could possible sit next to her and put up with her for over a year. Some seem to find what I do unbelievable. I don't know whether to feel flattered or pitiful.
So of course I answer with the generically vague, "Well, you know...it's ok..."
Then one of the people, whose been here as long as Nip/Tuck and used to work with Nip/Tuck back in the day goes, "Yea, she's a freakin' psycho. Let me guess. She sits on the phone all day, talking BS about nothing, telling the same stories over and over again, only to realize it's 5 and she hasn't done anything and has to stay late?"
OMG!! Someone else knows!! I can barely contain my excitement. Then she tells me something even better! She has kept a list for the past 15 years of something she calls "Nip/Tuck-isms". It's about 10-pages long now and contains all the phrases, words, and stories she endlessly repeats. What?! A list you say? But I too have a list of Nip/Tuck-isms! She asks me if I've heard the one about the ONE wedding Nip/Tuck helped to plan? But of course, only about 59 times!! I can't believe she's been telling this story for 2 freakin' decades!!
Then the other person eating with us pipes in. Mind you, this person has only been here for 2 months, and I didn't even think they knew Nip/Tuck.
"Oh yea, I've had a post-it above my desk since I started with the things she's telling me over and over again. And everytime I have to call her I giggle if she tells me one of those - which is a lot."
What?! Even the brand spankin' new girl has a list?! Seriously? This is the fifth person on my floor that has now told me they keep a list of Nip/Tuckisms! This just reminds me of back in the day when Intern and I would make bets. Anywho, all this comes down to...
I AM NOT ALONE.
I feel slightly vindicated. Just knowing that I am not the only witness of crazy makes me feel better. Just slightly. And the fact that she's out of the office today. It's like hell with no Satan. Still painful, but slightly more awesome.
"So what's it like working with Nip/Tuck?"
Boy that's a loaded question if I ever heard one. Everyone seems to have this curiosity about how anyone could possible sit next to her and put up with her for over a year. Some seem to find what I do unbelievable. I don't know whether to feel flattered or pitiful.
So of course I answer with the generically vague, "Well, you know...it's ok..."
Then one of the people, whose been here as long as Nip/Tuck and used to work with Nip/Tuck back in the day goes, "Yea, she's a freakin' psycho. Let me guess. She sits on the phone all day, talking BS about nothing, telling the same stories over and over again, only to realize it's 5 and she hasn't done anything and has to stay late?"
OMG!! Someone else knows!! I can barely contain my excitement. Then she tells me something even better! She has kept a list for the past 15 years of something she calls "Nip/Tuck-isms". It's about 10-pages long now and contains all the phrases, words, and stories she endlessly repeats. What?! A list you say? But I too have a list of Nip/Tuck-isms! She asks me if I've heard the one about the ONE wedding Nip/Tuck helped to plan? But of course, only about 59 times!! I can't believe she's been telling this story for 2 freakin' decades!!
Then the other person eating with us pipes in. Mind you, this person has only been here for 2 months, and I didn't even think they knew Nip/Tuck.
"Oh yea, I've had a post-it above my desk since I started with the things she's telling me over and over again. And everytime I have to call her I giggle if she tells me one of those - which is a lot."
What?! Even the brand spankin' new girl has a list?! Seriously? This is the fifth person on my floor that has now told me they keep a list of Nip/Tuckisms! This just reminds me of back in the day when Intern and I would make bets. Anywho, all this comes down to...
I AM NOT ALONE.
I feel slightly vindicated. Just knowing that I am not the only witness of crazy makes me feel better. Just slightly. And the fact that she's out of the office today. It's like hell with no Satan. Still painful, but slightly more awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment