Thursday, January 29, 2009
My new intern is rarin' to go. So much so in fact that she hates not having anything to do. This means that every hour she will come up to me AND email me asking me if I have anything she can do. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. We all sit there sometimes with not much to do other than surf the web or clean our desks. Chillax.
But new intern gets so upset that whenever I tell her I don't need help with anything right now, I get a frustrated "Dammit!" She told me "I really really hate not having anything to do - that's just who I am." Oh intern, so naive, so hopeful. I remember those days.
It cracks me up. I get it, you really want to learn and work. So did I. But then you end up in a cube.
Welcome to Office Life.
But new intern gets so upset that whenever I tell her I don't need help with anything right now, I get a frustrated "Dammit!" She told me "I really really hate not having anything to do - that's just who I am." Oh intern, so naive, so hopeful. I remember those days.
It cracks me up. I get it, you really want to learn and work. So did I. But then you end up in a cube.
Welcome to Office Life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sooo sad but so true. I get the same crap from my staff. I try to tell them to pace themselves or enjoy some Youtube but they're still so fresh and green. Sigh...youth
Post a Comment