Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nip/Tuck = Debbie Downer

Nip/Tuck is the most pessimistic person you will ever meet. At the successful completion of every project people will often congratulate her, or tell her good work, and she never fails to reply, "Are you kidding me?! That was a freakin' nightmare! A complete and total disaster!"

Usually when she does this, it makes the people feel awkward, so they just go "Oh, Nip/Tuck, you're so silly" and leave.

This doesn't just apply to work-related things either. When she returned from a one week vacation from Fiji, I told her she looked so tanned and relaxed. This is what I get for trying to be kind:

"It almost rained the whole time I was there! And I had bad allergies! What a nightmare! All I could think about was Idiot Boss and how much I hate him!"

#1 Almost raining is not the same as raining and therefore does not constitute "nightmare".
#2 Why the hell are you thinking about work in Fiji? (Really, her job is NOT important, no matter how hard she wishes it were).
#3 Chillax!

Now today, the day after a historic inauguration, she asks us all if we've watched it. It's a rhetorical question. Now she has launched into a diatribe about how yes she watched it because it was historic, but she also likes to watch these things from a Project Manager standpoint to see how they produced such an event. And her conclusion?

"Everyone was saying how great it was and how perfect, but NO IT WASN'T!! It was a freakin' disaster! Those people had nothing together, and you could see it all falling apart!!"

Um...shut up please...just shut up....it is WAY too early for this already (she's still ranting as I type this - to no one in particular).

Seriously, what makes some people such Downers? Theories, anyone?

**UPDATE** Many, many HOURS later and Nip/Tuck is STILL talking about it.
"Did you see that swearing in debacle?! I could've done a better job than that!"

Somehow I seriously doubt it.

No comments: