Friday, September 19, 2008

Reverting Back to Childhood

So The Grinch -who as a reminder, is the DIRECTOR of our entire department - just got back from a convention today, and at the convention she got magnetic paper dolls. You remember paper dolls? They come with lots of outfits you tear out and stick on them - great wholesome fun they were! When you were FIVE.

As soon as Nip/Tuck leaves for the day, The Grinch comes running over. She is giggling with unbridled joy.

"Look what I have! They're just like paper dolls! But I don't have a magnetic surface in my office [insert sad face here]"

She starts to sit cross-legged on the floor of my cube in front of my metal file cabinets. She motions for me to join her.

"You cut out the man and dress him, and I'll do the woman, ok?"

Ooookay. Who am I to say no to my boss? So we proceed to tear out the dolls, stick them to the cabinet, and put their first outfit on. The Grinch claps her hands in glee.

"Look she was playing tennis before, and now she's going to put on her dress and go to the ball!"

Presto chango, the lady doll now has on a long evening gown and heels! She makes me change the man's outfit to match. She stares at our work with great satisfaction. She gets up and leaves. How bored was she that this is what she really wanted to waste 10 minutes doing?!

Still, I gotta admit, it's better than working.

No comments: