Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Never before in my life have I had to hear about the person who had the position before me so much. Around here, Kathy, as she shall henceforth be known, is a rock star. It's normal when you start to hear about your predecessor and how they used to do things, etc. But it's not normal a YEAR later to keep referring to you as "the new Kathy" or "Kathy's replacement". Who, but the enhanced Nip/Tuck would do this?
Nip/Tuck apparently considers Kathy one of her BFF's. She likes to talk about all the good times she and Kathy had together like how Kathy would feel too bad to leave before the boss, and so would stay until 11p.m. with her most nights. Or how Kathy would know how NOT to tell things to Nip/Tuck because she knew she was "high-strung". Or how Kathy would bring her lunch because she was worried about Nip/Tuck's usual diet of Diet Coke and a Slim Jim (no joke). Or basically how Kathy was not only her co-worker, but her personal servant [apparently] because Kathy was so nice. Sounds to me like Kathy was a pushover.
Anyhow, I've met this Kathy person, and she is nice and I like her. So nothing personal. But today Kathy has come into the office to visit. And I'm surprised Nip/Tuck didn't want to plan another one of her notorious "surprise parties". Why not just parade her around the halls? I almost got the feeling that Nip/Tuck wanted me to be absent today so Kathy could sit at her old desk and Nip/Tuck could pretend like she was back in the glory days. Nip/Tuck loves her so much she's trying to convince The Grinch to hire her back part-time (why Kathy would even consider this, i don't know). I know, I really feel loved here.
What Nip/Tuck doesn't know is that Kathy was so happy to leave that she told everyone and their mama, including me, that she was finally "free". Sounds like someone in captivity to me. Although I still find it odd since Kathy now lives in Europe that on her ONE WEEK in the United States she would want to come visit her old place of employment not once, but twice! Maybe it's like Stockholm Syndrome or something.

(At least the cub on the left has pillows...)
Nip/Tuck apparently considers Kathy one of her BFF's. She likes to talk about all the good times she and Kathy had together like how Kathy would feel too bad to leave before the boss, and so would stay until 11p.m. with her most nights. Or how Kathy would know how NOT to tell things to Nip/Tuck because she knew she was "high-strung". Or how Kathy would bring her lunch because she was worried about Nip/Tuck's usual diet of Diet Coke and a Slim Jim (no joke). Or basically how Kathy was not only her co-worker, but her personal servant [apparently] because Kathy was so nice. Sounds to me like Kathy was a pushover.
Anyhow, I've met this Kathy person, and she is nice and I like her. So nothing personal. But today Kathy has come into the office to visit. And I'm surprised Nip/Tuck didn't want to plan another one of her notorious "surprise parties". Why not just parade her around the halls? I almost got the feeling that Nip/Tuck wanted me to be absent today so Kathy could sit at her old desk and Nip/Tuck could pretend like she was back in the glory days. Nip/Tuck loves her so much she's trying to convince The Grinch to hire her back part-time (why Kathy would even consider this, i don't know). I know, I really feel loved here.
What Nip/Tuck doesn't know is that Kathy was so happy to leave that she told everyone and their mama, including me, that she was finally "free". Sounds like someone in captivity to me. Although I still find it odd since Kathy now lives in Europe that on her ONE WEEK in the United States she would want to come visit her old place of employment not once, but twice! Maybe it's like Stockholm Syndrome or something.

(At least the cub on the left has pillows...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment