Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Don't Eat That!

Remember One Upper from my last office? Well, looks like we've got another one on our hands...though this one is a bit nicer about it than the original...who asked me on her very first day what size pants I was wearing -- I kid you not. New One Upper is obsessed and I do mean OBSESSED with health and nutrition. Good things to be concerned with, of course, but to the extent that if I even try to eat a Cheez-it in front of her, I get a 20-minute lecture about the disgusting ingredients that will forever damage my body. At first, I listened politely and nodded and said thank you for the information. But now, it's been 6 months, and it's getting harder for me to smile and nod when I hear "Marie, you really shouldn't be eating that" or "Marie, you went to In N Out!? Why????" or "You shouldn't be eating french fries!" seriously, I feel like I am being watched any time a morsel of food enters my body. I won't disagree that I don't always eat the healthiest, but I do make an effort to watch what I eat and treat myself occasionally. She makes me feel like I am ingesting three Big Macs a day or something!

Anyways, her latest health tirade came to the office Monday when she announced she won a contest for a vegean restaurant to cater our lunch on Friday. But possibly the BEST part of the e-mail to the company was the reference to this type of food as "venetian food"...did I miss something? Is there really some food by that name? Just checking. Closest thing I could think of would be vegan. Here's a clip:

I think eating healthy is so important, and I wanted to share with you one of my favorite vegetarian restaurants. Now don't freak out about it being venetian, it's actually really tasty and really good for you. Come with an open mind and hungry tummy!


Trying to think of an errand I have to run Friday...hmmmm......no, I'll be good and come with an "open mind and hungry tummy!" ;)

No comments: