Friday, August 29, 2008

TGIF!

Thank goodness it's Friday!!!! Seriously. And a long weekend to boot. I can't wait! I had a pretty long week, mostly because of an incident that took place on Wednesday. Our IT person was transferring everyone over to saving their files onto a different drive. Sounds pretty basic, right? Well, he didn't ask me where I was saving my files (locally) and instead copied over my files from another location (where I save them once a week onto the shared drive) and those overwrote what I had in my local files. So, I lost about two weeks of work since I hadn't updated my back-up drive in a couple weeks. This is something that could definitely been avoided had he simply asked me where I saved my files. Simple question, simple answer. Arg. As you can imagine, I wasn't a happy camper the rest of the week. I am catching up, and thank goodness I have a good memory for that stuff, but I'm still bitter!

No comments: