Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Reason Why The Grinch is a Grinch #6,792

This morning I went down to feed my daily coffee addiction to make it through the day. Lo and behold, who do I see at 10a.m. perfectly primped and refreshed to START her day but The Grinch! There are only 3 of us down there, and I KNOW she sees me, and despite not wanting to, I go over to stand in front of her and say "Hi, good morning."

What does The Grinch do?

Proceed to stare straight through me as if I'm not standing 6 inches from her face and turn around and walk away. Yea, she's THAT girl. The girl that pretends you're invisible and that she's deaf. Absolutely astounding. I'd heard she did that to lots of people on our floor before, but they were people she didn't really know well, not her one staff member out of a whole five? But, alas, as always I'd given her too much credit. Now if I were making excuses for her I'd say she's not a morning person (self-proclaimed of course), and always complains about low blood sugar, but come on, not being a morning person and being absofreakinlutely rude are two very different things. The best part was when we had to ride the elevator together, get off together, and walk down the hall to our office together - all in absolute silence. Maybe she thought if I don't speak she won't know I'm here, ergo, she won't know what time I get in every morning. Much akin to a 3 year old hiding his face behind his hands thinking he turns invisible.

No point in trying to understand a crazy person.

** Shakes head**


1 comment: