Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Earlier today The Grinch goes on to me about how if I’m ever out sick to not leave a long-winded, descriptive message like Nip/Tuck just did (she even told us how many times she had vomited that day). Then The Grinch goes on to say “You know, Nip/Tuck are a lot alike in that we both hate to call out sick unless we’re deathly ill and it’s a last resort”.
Cue to me chortling because if you recall, about three weeks ago, The Grinch took off FIVE entire days, not to mention numerous half days because of a cold – the same cold that I currently have and am sitting at work with typing this.
No less than half an hour later, The Grinch comes out and declares, “I’m going home. I doubt I’ll be here tomorrow, and maybe not the next day either.” Me: “Are you feeling ok?”. The Grinch sighs dramatically here. “I haven’t been sleeping well the past few days! I’ll wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to fall back asleep. It’s making me feel so out of it that I can’t get anything done here! I need to go home and sleep” Ummm...
#1) We ALL have those couple days when we don’t sleep well. We still come into work the next day. Drink some coffee. Take a sleeping pill. Hell, take a shot of whiskey.
#2) You don’t get anything done PERIOD.
#3) Is this considered “last resort” or “deathly ill”?
#4) You need to try sleeping for the next 2 and a half days straight?
I guess it’s really all relative. Color me confused.
No comments:
Post a Comment