Monday, November 30, 2009

Story Time!

I'm baaaaack!  I know I've been MIA for a while during the last few weeks of the Big Project, but now that it's over back to the blogging world.  So much craziness to write about, I don't even know where to begin.

Today at work there is a book being passed around called "Working With You is KILLING Me: Freeing Yourself From Emotional Traps at Work".  Obviously it has gone around to everyone BUT Nip/Tuck and The Grinch.  If you ever see this book in the bargain bin, pick it up, it's hilarious and scarily accurate!  It's filled with little nuggets like:

"Are strong displays of emotion such as yelling, crying, or laughing hysterically acceptable in your workplace?"


Umm...isn't that the norm?  That's everyday for me.

Or learn cool new definitions of phrases like the SACRED COW.  A Sacred Cow is someone, who because of loyalty to the company, disability, or family connections, has been allowed to coast up the ladder until they eventually reach a position that they are "completely incompetent" for.  The Sacred Cow's greatest fear is having this incompetence exposed.  Hence they hate change, and never want to rock the boat.  Never suggest innovative or new ideas if a Sacred Cow is your boss.  You have to give them what they want which is respect and admiration despite knowing that they are full blown morons.  "If you show them the contempt you really feel, they will block you at every turn.  They can never lose."

Hmmm...sounds like EVERYONE I work for around here!  I guess I'm a random chicken admist all these dumb-ass cows.

More excerpts of joy from  this genius book to come...

1 comment:

MsG said...

i work for a sacred cow too!