Thursday, October 1, 2009
Lately Nip/Tuck has come up with a new endearing way to start conversations with people.
"Listen you, how was your weekend?"
"Listen you, I'm about to tell the same story I already told you ten times today"
Now, maybe it's just me, but "listen, you" comes across to me as a bit patronizing, like a mother about to scold her child. Whatevs. But the best part of all this is that not only does she SAY it before starting any conversation, she WRITES it in all her emails.
TO: Sarah
FROM: Nip/Tuck
Listen you, we need to have a meeting about this project by the end of the day.
TO: Sarah
FROM: Nip/Tuck
Listen you do me a favor and print this out for me, my printer's not working.
-----------------------------------------
Wonder where she picked that one up from? HI-larious! Now I'm just waiting for the day when all the stars and moons align and I get the pleasure of hearing "Listen you, shut up before I blow your leg off!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment