Monday, September 14, 2009
Like an annoying puppy grabbing onto the bottom of your pant leg and not letting go no matter how hard you shake your leg, Gossip Girl strikes again!
As it is now part of my morning routine, I see an email from her with the subject line "Whatcha upto for lunch"
GROAN.
Here's the painful email convo that followed:
FROM: Sarah
TO: Gossip Girl
Brought lunch today...you?
_________________________________________________________________
FROM: Gossip Girl
TO: Sarah
Nothing really. Just wondering if I could convince you to ditch the salad for something else??? Maybe [insert restaurant name here]??
_________________________________________________________________
FROM: Sarah
TO: Gossip Girl
I can't, I'm trying to be good this week. But thanks.
_________________________________________________________________
FROM: Gossip Girl
TO: Sarah
Do you maybe just want to go to our cafeteria downstairs? (Sarah's note: Will this EVER end?!)
_________________________________________________________________
FROM: Sarah
TO: Gossip Girl
Well, like I said, I brought something but I can take it downstairs. The rest of the group wants to walk over to the other place across the street if you want to come. (Smart, perhaps by mentioning her least favorite thing in the universe, walking, I can dissuade her.)
_________________________________________________________________
The best part is whenever this happens, I know I'm not her first choice. I always hear her call Neighbor first, hear Neighbor reject her, then know to expect an email or call right away. On the other hand, are there other people around here she asks EVERY SINGLE DAY at the crack of dawn? And I know when the "walking" comment works because instead of replying right away as usual, she never replies at all and just seems to forget she asked me in the first place. A bit odd for someone who is so eager to have lunch with you. Especially someone whom if I don't reply right away calls Neighbor and asks her if I'm at my cube. Stalker, anyone?
And the few times I suck it up and ask her to lunch to be nice or something, I always get the "ummm......maybe", only to never hear back (thank God!).
Looks like I'll have a nice peaceful lunch today :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment