Monday, July 20, 2009
For some weird reason, nobody at my office takes a lunch. They'll eat, but for a period of about five minutes at their desk. I don't get it. To me, a one hour lunch break is not a luxury, but a necessity. If I don't get out of the flourescent lighting for at least one hour out of the looooong day, I am a) crabby b) really hungry c) even more bitter than normal.
So, lately it's been super busy and I haven't gotten to take my regular lunch breaks. During one crazy week, I stayed in 3 days out of 5 to make sure I could get all my work done, minus lunch. Yet on one of the TWO days out of the week that I did get out, I got in trouble. Yup, we're talking a voicemail asking me to come in to Devil's office immediately upon my return, to finish some project that could have waited another hour or so, in addition to a Post It with a TIME STAMP ON IT! I am not kidding. We're talking a tiny tiny Post It with the time written on it. Are you serious? I mean COME ON NOW! Who does that? Yup, the Devil, that's who.
So, lately it's been super busy and I haven't gotten to take my regular lunch breaks. During one crazy week, I stayed in 3 days out of 5 to make sure I could get all my work done, minus lunch. Yet on one of the TWO days out of the week that I did get out, I got in trouble. Yup, we're talking a voicemail asking me to come in to Devil's office immediately upon my return, to finish some project that could have waited another hour or so, in addition to a Post It with a TIME STAMP ON IT! I am not kidding. We're talking a tiny tiny Post It with the time written on it. Are you serious? I mean COME ON NOW! Who does that? Yup, the Devil, that's who.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment