Friday, May 8, 2009
Supplies needed:
- wooden sticks
- random pieces of felt
- a sharpie
- a stapler
Activity Time: 4 hours
So the other day Nip/Tuck had the brilliant idea to bring pennants to our next filmed presentation with some major corporate sponsors to “pep” it up. You remember what pennants are, right? Something that looks like this:
http://www.baylorfans.com/store/lg_image/green_pennant.jpg
She decided to use her extensive “theatrical background” (i.e. she was a stage manager for one show in college 40 years ago), and show us young’uns how it’s done.
“Now Intern, I want you to listen. Often times in this biz, there are a million people doing exactly what you’re doing, so you have to learn how to punch it up. I do this by using my theatrical background. I am a very theatrical person. I like things very dramatic. I visualize concepts. I never do things halfway. I always like having that extra wow factor. Do you understand me? Ok, so I’m going to have you make these great theatrical pennants.”
#1) WHO besides sports teams uses pennants anymore?
#2) If one had to use one, WHY wouldn’t one just go out and buy a pennant that’s already made?
Her great theatrical idea? She dumped a bunch of wooden sticks, pieces of felt (including a NAVY BLUE one), and one BLACK sharpie on the Intern’s desk and told her to “be creative”. Four hours later and we are now the not-so-proud owners of 8 homemade pennants made of felt stapled to wooden sticks with the sponsor’s name handwritten in a black sharpie. You can’t even read half of the sponsor’s names on because BLACK on DARK BLUE does NOT show up!
I’m already dying of embarrassment over the idea of having to present these.
HAPPY FRIDAY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment