Tuesday, October 21, 2008
So if all two of you have been wondering why I've been MIA lately, it's because there was a HUGE project at work that consumed all of my physical and emotional energy. Mainly because the head of this project is none other than the oh-so-great leader, Nip/Tuck. I've now determined that in the battle of Nip/Tuck vs. The Grinch on who is the crazier, worst boss, Nip/Tuck wins by truckloads. The top 10 reasons Nip/Tuck wins:
10) Nip/Tuck is medically crazy. I don't know what kind of crazy, but it is 110% clear that this woman needs to be on medication. Serious anger management issues abound. Also does not handle stress at all. Freezes up and acts like an idiot. More details on that later.
9) Started screaming at our Committee members that she just "knew" she couldn't leave them by themselves because they didn't know how to do anything. The problem that started this ranting: Nip/Tuck couldn't find some papers, which were tucked into her pocket all along.
8) Nip/Tuck is an eternal pessimist. After all was over, I went over to be gracious and say "Good job, everyone complimented the project" (even though I knew she did nothing), and her reply was, "This was an F-ing disaster! Don't mind me, I say this after every project because I notice all the tiny things that went wrong and just focus on those and grow angrier and angrier." Uhhh....okay, Crazy! Can't you just be glad it's done with? I could just picture her sitting at home later that night muttering to herself, with a bottle of wine, just growing more and more pissed as smoke comes out of her ears.
7) During the event, Nip/Tuck stalked around doing NOTHING but looking like the sky was about to fall on her head. She would roam here and there, pick up other people's papers, shuffle them, then stalk around in another circle. She'd stop every once in a while to scream to me (who WAS actually doing work), "This is soooooo stressful!! I hate this part!!! Arghhhh!"
6) The day of the event, I had carefully packed up everything I would need to take with me to the site. Then The Grinch said some minor comment that set Nip/Tuck off (doesn't take much). Nip/Tuck stomps into my cube, picks up one of the boxes I'd carefully arranged, SLAMS it on my desk and screams, "Where the hell does this go?!" I reply, "Right where you picked it up from Nip/Tuck. If you could put it right back, I"d really appreciate it." "Fine then!" SLAM! STOMP!
5) For the two weeks leading up to the project, I quickly came to realize that not only had Nip/Tuck not done ANYTHING to prepare for it (which is amazing since we've been planning this for 4 MONTHS), she doesn't even know how to prepare for it. I'd constantly bring up, "well do we have xyz ready?" and she'd reply, "Oh crap! Did you do that?" (Me in my head: NO since this is the FIRST time it's being brought up at all)
4) Also for the two weeks prior, Nip/Tuck would spend literally 5 hours a day on the phone NON-STOP complaining about the crisis of the day, and how much time and work it was going to take her to fix it (all the while I've solved the crisis 4 hours and 38 minutes prior). So by the time she finally hung up the phone around 3:30, she really would be swamped - having not read emails or done any work all day. Then we'd hear her complain from 3:30-5 about how she was so "slammed" all day that she didn't even get to eat lunch. If by "slammed" you mean "I picked up the phone and called all 3 of my friends to bitch for 5 hours", then poor you.
3) Since Nip/Tuck didn't DO anything, she couldn't answer anyone's questions. So whenever anyone would call/stop by/or email her a question, I'd here a shrill "Sarahhhhh? Do you know..." I'd hear it an average of 15 times a day. Everyone that sits around me started imitating her going, "Saraaahhhh?! Could you do my entire job for me? Saraaah?! What is a computer?" You get the gist.
2) Ex-intern decided to come back to volunteer for this event. How nice of her. Nip/Tuck decided to treat her all day as if she'd never been gone for the past 4 months. "Intern, where is this? Intern, get me that!" Intern: "Uhhh...I haven't been here in 4 MONTHS - I have no idea what you are talking about." Nip/Tuck stomps away. Ex-Intern remembers why she quit.
1) I watched her literally scream at an 80-year old volunteer at our event asking him if he was listening to her, if anyone was listening to her - ironic, considering the huge hearing aid jutting out of his ear.
10) Nip/Tuck is medically crazy. I don't know what kind of crazy, but it is 110% clear that this woman needs to be on medication. Serious anger management issues abound. Also does not handle stress at all. Freezes up and acts like an idiot. More details on that later.
9) Started screaming at our Committee members that she just "knew" she couldn't leave them by themselves because they didn't know how to do anything. The problem that started this ranting: Nip/Tuck couldn't find some papers, which were tucked into her pocket all along.
8) Nip/Tuck is an eternal pessimist. After all was over, I went over to be gracious and say "Good job, everyone complimented the project" (even though I knew she did nothing), and her reply was, "This was an F-ing disaster! Don't mind me, I say this after every project because I notice all the tiny things that went wrong and just focus on those and grow angrier and angrier." Uhhh....okay, Crazy! Can't you just be glad it's done with? I could just picture her sitting at home later that night muttering to herself, with a bottle of wine, just growing more and more pissed as smoke comes out of her ears.
7) During the event, Nip/Tuck stalked around doing NOTHING but looking like the sky was about to fall on her head. She would roam here and there, pick up other people's papers, shuffle them, then stalk around in another circle. She'd stop every once in a while to scream to me (who WAS actually doing work), "This is soooooo stressful!! I hate this part!!! Arghhhh!"
6) The day of the event, I had carefully packed up everything I would need to take with me to the site. Then The Grinch said some minor comment that set Nip/Tuck off (doesn't take much). Nip/Tuck stomps into my cube, picks up one of the boxes I'd carefully arranged, SLAMS it on my desk and screams, "Where the hell does this go?!" I reply, "Right where you picked it up from Nip/Tuck. If you could put it right back, I"d really appreciate it." "Fine then!" SLAM! STOMP!
5) For the two weeks leading up to the project, I quickly came to realize that not only had Nip/Tuck not done ANYTHING to prepare for it (which is amazing since we've been planning this for 4 MONTHS), she doesn't even know how to prepare for it. I'd constantly bring up, "well do we have xyz ready?" and she'd reply, "Oh crap! Did you do that?" (Me in my head: NO since this is the FIRST time it's being brought up at all)
4) Also for the two weeks prior, Nip/Tuck would spend literally 5 hours a day on the phone NON-STOP complaining about the crisis of the day, and how much time and work it was going to take her to fix it (all the while I've solved the crisis 4 hours and 38 minutes prior). So by the time she finally hung up the phone around 3:30, she really would be swamped - having not read emails or done any work all day. Then we'd hear her complain from 3:30-5 about how she was so "slammed" all day that she didn't even get to eat lunch. If by "slammed" you mean "I picked up the phone and called all 3 of my friends to bitch for 5 hours", then poor you.
3) Since Nip/Tuck didn't DO anything, she couldn't answer anyone's questions. So whenever anyone would call/stop by/or email her a question, I'd here a shrill "Sarahhhhh? Do you know..." I'd hear it an average of 15 times a day. Everyone that sits around me started imitating her going, "Saraaahhhh?! Could you do my entire job for me? Saraaah?! What is a computer?" You get the gist.
2) Ex-intern decided to come back to volunteer for this event. How nice of her. Nip/Tuck decided to treat her all day as if she'd never been gone for the past 4 months. "Intern, where is this? Intern, get me that!" Intern: "Uhhh...I haven't been here in 4 MONTHS - I have no idea what you are talking about." Nip/Tuck stomps away. Ex-Intern remembers why she quit.
1) I watched her literally scream at an 80-year old volunteer at our event asking him if he was listening to her, if anyone was listening to her - ironic, considering the huge hearing aid jutting out of his ear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment