Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Nip/Tuck is one of those people who will tell you the same 20-year old story over and over again. She also comes across very patronizing. Her favorite thing to do to people in our Marketing Department, and me, and just about anyone who will listen, is to say, “Have you ever taken a marketing class? Because I took Marketing 101 in college, and I learned [insert most common sense marketing principle here].” 1) This statement is slightly, if not very, patronizing. 2) Need you be reminded, she was in college OVER 35 YEARS AGO! Yet I hear about this unforgettable Marketing 101 class at least 2 times PER DAY. Must’ve been some class.
Now I always hear her bringing up this class to our VP of Marketing, whom she hates with a passion. It’s her way of trying to make him feel stupid, although, in all honesty, I don’t think he’s the one looking stupid. This VP is a very nice, soft-spoken guy. But I think after almost two decades of listening to this put-down, he just snapped. Because Nip/Tuck comes storming into the office and shrieks “Can you just believe what that asshole said to me?!!!” “He asked me if electricity had been invented when I took my Marketing class!!!”
OH SNAP! He totally got her! He totally said what we’ve all been dying to say every time this prehistoric marketing class is brought up. Obviously if your name is Nip/Tuck the worst offense in the world would be someone calling you out on your true age.
I am sitting in my cube laughing so hard, I feel tears pooling in the corner of my eyes. Oh joyous of days!
P.S. If you’re wondering why Nip/Tuck has took a sudden starring role in my blogs, it’s because The Grinch is out on a “mental health” vacation this week. It’s a gooood week….:)
1 comment:
haha! maybe she'll stop mentioning it now.
Post a Comment