Thursday, February 7, 2008

Turn it Down or Close Your Door!

Sarah brought up a great point about speakerphones being used a lot lately. I've noticed it too in my office. There are about four people around me who use speakerphone on a regular basis, three of them are in offices, while one is in a cube. Here's my thing--if you're going to use speakerphone, and you're in an office with a door, CLOSE IT! How hard is that? Do 15 other people really need to hear about your issues or rants? Ol' Yeller, who I mentioned a few months back, LOVES speakerphone. And, not surprisingly, he loves to yell at people over it. And he never says goodbye, just hangs up. I always think that's so rude. Ok part two of my rant--the person who does speakerphone in her CUBE! Yup, it's The Curser. But I think the only reason she does it is because she doesn't know how to listen to her voicemails any other way but on speaker. She also never remembers to turn the volume off on her speakers if she uses them, so we hear ding ding ding ding any time she's chatting with someone on g-chat. I honestly don't even think she notices.

No comments: