Thursday, December 13, 2007
So an Amazon.com package for T.G. arrived today. I had the misfortune of having it dropped off in my cube. Upon opening it, she discovers that one of the items she ordered is not in there. Here then is the chaos that ensues:
T.G.: Makes that high-pitched whining noise that little kids make. You know the one. Then says in scary, whiny voice “I liked it better when Ellen (my predecessor) ordered things. Then when things got messed up, she had to deal with it, not me!”
Me and everyone else in area: Silently stares, literally stunned speechless.
T:G: Stamps feet about eight times, really hard. Continues whiny mewling noise. “I can’t wait until you get to start doing the ordering, then you can deal with the problems not me!” Gleefully laughs.
Me: “Maybe the missing item is coming in a 2nd box. That happens sometimes, you know”
T.G.: Already stomping away. I soon hear her screaming at some poor Amazon.com person in
Five minutes later…
T.G. “It’s coming in another package” (I don’t get the “You were right”, but that’s ok, because she HATES admitting she’s wrong, so this is still like winning a prize). Stomps back away.
Me: IM’s Marie as fast as my lil’ fingers can type about what just transpired. Laughs silently at my desk so hard tears run down my face.
An hour later…
T.G. comes stomping in standing in the middle of our work area. “The bank downstairs is out of $50 bills!!!” Stamps feet TEN times this time. “I didn’t receive an email from them notifying me of this!!!” “Argh!!!!” Stomps away.
Anger management, anyone?
***
Seriously though, does anyone besides a 5-year old stamp their feet and make whiny noises when things don’t happen exactly how they wanted? Seriously?! Especially the Big Boss? Talk about unprofessional, immature, and just plain bizarre. If I hadn’t been sitting here, witnessing it with my own eyes, I wouldn’t have believed this story either. But it’s real. So real, it’s scary.
No comments:
Post a Comment