Friday, June 4, 2010
It really does bring all sorts of people together. An older lady behind me starts telling the high-school age girl next to her about how she's just started reading the Twilight series. Turns out they're Grandma (a rather hip looking grandma) and Granddaughter. And of course, Twilight is THE universal bonding language amongst women of all ages.
Girl gets super excited and starts spoiling the rest of the book for Grandma. As I listen to her gushing summaries of the books, I realized how utterly ridiculous it sounds (especially when she got to the part about (SPOILER ALERT) imprinting and a baby being full-grown by 7). But as they gush over it together, I think, who cares if it's ridiculous if it brings this much joy? The conversation ended with Girl emphatically promising to get Grandma a "Team Edward" shirt before the June 30th opening of "Eclipse". All I ever talk to my Grandma about is food (i.e. what are you making, when are we eating, etc.). Maybe I'll buy Granny a copy of "Twilight" too.
Happy Friday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sev calls them twitards. I got real mad at him saying, "you are basically calling me a retard!"
LOL I love that story! I'll have to chat with my Grandma and her friends at the senior center to see if they're hip to that Twilight thang ;) haha!
Post a Comment