Wednesday, December 10, 2008
So I have taken it upon myself to get my office in the Christmas spirit (Yes, I'm THAT person). Considering the extremely Grinchy experience last year, I was determined that not another holiday season would pass with such non-fanfare.
I had Intern help me dig out some really old Christmas decoration we'd apparently been hoarding (back in the day when people were festive, i.e. pre-The Grinch), and along with He-She, and Neighbor, proceeded to put them up. Then along comes Stanley. Good ol' Stanley. One can always count on him for some decidedly non-cheery statement proclaimed in a dry, sarcastic voice. But we all know he's really a giant teddy bear inside (although I've yet to witness this teddy bear part, I truly believe it). As he comes out of his office, spiffy hat on, he drawls to the guy emptying our trash "And make sure you grab all this stuff they're hanging up too!" To which he receives a chorus of "Oh Stanley!" "Oh don't Oh Stanley me! Bah-humbug! Who likes the holidays anyways - it's a bunch of crap!" Then off he goes. We've unanimously decided to make paper coal and stuff them into his little stocking we taped on the center of his office door. Stanley will just love it - I know it! I can just picture him coming in tomorrow and tearing it off his door and tossing it into the trash - but that's our Stanely - you gotta love him.
I had Intern help me dig out some really old Christmas decoration we'd apparently been hoarding (back in the day when people were festive, i.e. pre-The Grinch), and along with He-She, and Neighbor, proceeded to put them up. Then along comes Stanley. Good ol' Stanley. One can always count on him for some decidedly non-cheery statement proclaimed in a dry, sarcastic voice. But we all know he's really a giant teddy bear inside (although I've yet to witness this teddy bear part, I truly believe it). As he comes out of his office, spiffy hat on, he drawls to the guy emptying our trash "And make sure you grab all this stuff they're hanging up too!" To which he receives a chorus of "Oh Stanley!" "Oh don't Oh Stanley me! Bah-humbug! Who likes the holidays anyways - it's a bunch of crap!" Then off he goes. We've unanimously decided to make paper coal and stuff them into his little stocking we taped on the center of his office door. Stanley will just love it - I know it! I can just picture him coming in tomorrow and tearing it off his door and tossing it into the trash - but that's our Stanely - you gotta love him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment