Monday, June 2, 2008

Welcome, New User!

If you’ve ever seen “The Office”, you know that the boss, Michael Scott, is a mostly incompetent, yet still loveable guy. Take out the “loveable” part, and the word “mostly” and you’ve got The Grinch and Nip/Tuck.

Yesterday Nip/Tuck was out sick, and for some reason The Grinch’s computer wasn’t working (I suspect it was asleep). So after some yelling and stamping, she stomps out to use Nip/Tuck’s computer. Thirty minutes later I hear “Argh, I can’t find Microsoft Word on here!!” So I go over to help. It takes a good 5-10 minutes to actually locate the program which is normally on one’s desktop or dock since it’s so commonly used. Not for our friend Nip/Tuck.

Upon opening Word, a screen pops up, “Welcome, New User! Please take a moment to register your product.” The Grinch mutters “I don’t get why this screen keeps popping up with every application I open on her computer.”

Cut to me shaking with laughter behind her. Seriously…seriously!! Nip/Tuck has NEVER opened Word? That’s the only thing that could mean!! And for pete’s sake, it’s Word freakin’ 2003!! For at least FIVE years, she’s managed to avoid using Word, and apparently every other major application on her computer! Now upon further contemplation, I realize that she has NEVER sent me a Word document she’s created. She’s forwarded me stuff from other people, but I’ve never seen anything open on her computer other than Outlook. Seriously?!! The incompetency of Nip/Tuck never ceases to amaze me.

More evidence for my case that she’s a total moron. Just now she called our intern who sits, oh maybe about FOUR FEET away from her, to ask her to do some “research” for her (yes, she has not yet learned of a thing called Google). She wants her to “research” how she can send an email to Craigslist, YouTube, and all the other “hip, young” sites to have them eblast out emails to their users promoting her campaigns. Yea, because YouTube really wants to send out an email to millions of people for you for free, just because they’re really nice.

I just keep shaking my head.

1 comment:

MsG said...

What does she do all day!?! oMG