Friday, August 28, 2009

Ummm...Ratty Booties...Really?!

Ok. So I haven't updated you on much in a while- sorry about that. Here's a quick synopsis: Just discovered my boss has a "mini-me" who recently got back from maternity leave. Nice enough, but just about drives me batty with how meticulous and stressed she gets. Anyway, this week everyone's been doing some summer cleaning in their offices and cubes, and Mini-Me keeps trying to bring me stuff. First item she attempted: a random potpurri bag hanging from a red string with our company name on it. Me: "Thanks, but I really don't think I need that, I just have so much at my desk already." Item #2: itty-bitty gray TIGHT tank top with company name on it. Honestly, it could fit a 5 month old baby! Me: "Oh thanks for thinking of me, but I think it's just a bit too tiny for me." Item #3- at this point I think she was getting sick of me saying no, so she just HANDS IT TO ME. And the item is......RATTY OLD GRAY BOOTIES WITH HOLES IN THEM! Not kidding....looked like something a family member knitted for her about 20 years ago. And they're sitting on my desk. Ewwwwwwwww! For when I want to go "barefoot" at the end of the day. I think I'll keep my shoes on, no matter how uncomfortable they are, thank you very much!

What's the weirdest item that's been passed down to you at work?

1 comment:

C'est La Vie said...

I would have to say the magnetic paper dolls that The Grinch stuck on my file cabinets without asking and made me play with for an hour.