Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Here, the Puppies Rule

Yup, that's right. The resident puppies, both toy poodles, definitely run the show here. They are the owner's dogs, and they love to be a part of anything going on here. They'll scratch on the door and whine if they're left out of a meeting, and they'll play fight all day with one another. The youngest one is still pretty tiny, so you have to be careful not to step on him when walking around. Thankfully, they don't bug me too much, but I was concerned before I got here. For one, I'm allergic, so I worried that I would get sick with them always around. Luckily, I've been fine so far- phew!

Ok but I have to share a story from last week. The youngest dog, still a puppy, was climbing behind a co-worker's desk, and I said to get away from the wires, since it looked like he was about to chew on them. He left, but I noticed a small puddle left as he walked away. Yup, he left a present. I told the owner of the dog, but she just laughed, and pretended to scold the puppy. I was surprised by this- has the dog done the same thing under my desk countless times? I hope not! I know dogs are becoming more acceptable in the workplace, but is it right? What do you think?

No comments: